Hey there. I'm a neuroscientist studying cortical homologies between human and non-human primates with structural and functional neuroimaging. My research seeks to
improve the common spatial framework used to map findings between species and better understand the recent evolution of the hominid cortex. I received my Ph.D. in
Computational Neuroscience from the University of California, San Diego in 2023, where I studied human corticocortical structural connectivity as well as spontaneous intra-
and extracranial electrophysiological correlativity. I also have older series of work investigating acute alcohol intoxication and executive function with MEG as well as
synthetic M/EEG. More broadly, I'm interested in data-driven approaches to observing the structure, function, and evolution of human cortex.
- Rosen BQ, Halgren E (2022) An estimation of the absolute number of axons indicates that human cortical areas are sparsely connected.
PLOS Biology 20(3): e3001575. Open Access, EurekAlert!, neurosciencenews
- Rosen BQ, Halgren E (2021) A Whole-Cortex Probabilistic Diffusion Tractography Connectome.
eNeuro 8(1):ENEURO.0416-20.202. Open Access
- Dickey CW, Verzhbinsky IA, Jiang X, Rosen BQ, Kajfez S, Stedelin B, Shih JJ, Ben-Haim S, Raslan AM, Eskandar EN, Gonzalez-Martinez J, Cash SS, Halgren E.
Widespread ripples synchronize human cortical activity during sleep, waking, and memory recall. (2022) PNAS Open Access
- All publications
Downloadable Data & Resources
- Whole cortex diffusion MRI connectivity matrices for 1,065 individuals of the WU-Minn Human Connectome Project cohort in the Glasser 360 parcellation
- An estimation of the number of axons in the above connectivity matrices.
- A two lecture introduction to basic
digital signal processing for neuroscience, originally for a student-run course, with accompanying quizes and problem sets.
Sorry about the pre-pandemic audio quality.
- The weakly electric elephantnose fish has the largest brain-to-body oxygen use ratio of all vertebrates.
I tried to keep one in the lab aquarium, but was unsuccessful.
- A primitive EEG system can be cobbled together from an Arduino and $35 mattel toy.
- I've been to all 58 of my home state of California's counties.
- According to Neurotree, there are 88 generations of mentor-mentee relationships in the direct line of decent
from John the Baptist to me. Notable links in the chain include Charles Sherrington and Albertus Magnus.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
where action meets potential
Theme by orderedlist